Friday, October 14, 2011

Danell's Emotional Rollercoaster


How's this for the ecstasy and agony of sports:  Danell Leyva went from giving a "Holy Kleenex, Batman, I Think I Just Came" incredible performance on the high bar for the team competition from Tokyo on one evening, to (I think) hitting his chin on the bar during a fall off the high bar on the following evening.

Clip of Danell owning the high bar:
Get Microsoft Silverlight

I saw the end of the team competition but the Americans had finished already.  However, Danell's performance on the high bar was so spectacular that they replayed it at the end.  I was like, "Are you kidding me?"  It was really something.  I fortunately did not see the fall last night and I say fortunately because I'm sure I would've been bawling.  I'm thinking Universal Sports will replay this competition this weekend so I might still get to see it.

Performing or falling, Danell always makes it big and memorable!  Here they interview him after the competition and he's back in good spirits after I'm sure he released a lot of anger on something, somewhere.  Such a beauty his is.

Watch more video of World Gymnastics Championships Tokyo 2011 on gymnastike.org

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't even think uh....orgy

no, no, don't even think

well its like

someone telling you don't think about ducks no matter what you do

just don't even think about ducks

try really really hard not to think about orgy...oops ducks

frank

Ray Avito said...

If I'm being totally forthright, I barely noticed anyone else in that photo...disturbing, no?