Monday, February 28, 2011

Playing Around With Photoshop...

So, I don't know why I purchased Photoshop.  I don't take enough pictures right now to justify it.  It was a textbook case of impulse buying.  However, I don't regret it.  What I do regret is not thinking about having to read through all the instructions and to watch instructional videos before I will be able to use it properly.  Who has time for that?  In between work/school/bar, I can't even keep up with Gossip Girl and Fringe on a regular basis!!

Just for experimentation's sake, I played around with a couple of my photos today.  No instruction, just from things I recognized from another program I have.  I have fallen in love with the Camera Flare effect.  I expect to use it on many a photograph from here on out.

The bloody nose photo, I adjusted to make look slightly more cartoonish and the towel photo has been moved to the desert.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

just got back from a really boring training class in memphis

wait....i know that art is suppose to imitate life, but taking an iron and hitting yourself in the face till your nose bleeds....well

come on.......you could have seriously found yourself buying another iron

that cheap made in burbank stuff doesn't last long

i like the desert motif behind you sort of reminds me of you waiting out on that stretch of road between here and vegas

maybe waiting near a truck stop for some young hunky trucker to pull up

maybe he's got a really big load

of well....need i say

discounted tammy faye baker look alike dolls

(almost just fainted from the orgasm of the image in my head)

Ray Avito said...

Haha...iron? One look at my clothing will show that I don't own such a thing. Back from Memphis! I envy your travels.

Truckers are known to be serial killers. After he dropped his load...of Tammy Faye dolls...I would have to kill him first.

Y said...

Wow impressive!Esp that first one.

Ray Avito said...

No bags under my eyes any more!! Ha Ha!! Amazing!

Rick said...

Ray I love the bloody nose shot. So hot. You know I'm into those arm pit shots.
I don't even have PhotoShop and the price is one thing but another is like you said the time element. there's just not enough time in the day.

Ray Avito said...

For me it was a complete waste of money unless I discover something great (like that camera flare effect...LOVE). You can download GIMP for free and it has basically the same features.