Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Algebra DRAMA!!: Funky Moron Episode...

So I get to Algebra class last night, remove my coat and all of a sudden...body funk!!  I am so bad about not doing a wash in forever that I ended up digging out a shirt to wear that had armpit odor.  I tried to wipe the shirt on my armpits so my deodorant would get on the cloth.  No good.  I. Was. Mortified.  Why did my shirt not give me a heads up to the funk BEFORE I got to class?  So then we start doing word problems, which never fail to confuse me to no end.  I don't know if I was distracted or what but, I was doing the equation right but messing up on the simple multiplication!!  This of course led to me doing some extremely long decimal answer when, had I done the multiplication right, the actual answer was much easier.

Curses to you, green henley!

On to the moron part of the title.  It took me 3 days to figure out this word problem:

"A boat makes a round trip from the mainland to a fishing village in 6 hours.  If the average speed of the boat while going to the village is 15 miles per hour, and the average speed while returning is 12 miles per hour, find the distance between the village and the mainland."

Frankie, when I finally came up with the right equation, I was like...man what a moronica!!!  3 DAYS!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay

its been a very long time since i did algebra

calculus
trig
elementary analysis

you name it

it probably would have taken that long too.

Ray Avito said...

We have a test Monday...if I don't get all nervous and flustered I expect to get an A...

Anonymous said...

well.....were expectations met?

frank

Ray Avito said...

I got a 94 which really upset me because the question I missed was an ambiguously worded Word Problem. I am SO GLAD to move on to a new chapter!!