Friday, March 25, 2011

Well, That Was Unexpected...

So, I'm reading through my business textbook in preparation for class when I run across this little nugget in the terms definitions.  Personally, I've always been a little on the fence about affirmative action.  If a person is not qualified, a person is not qualified.  That should motivate them to become qualified so they can compete on the same level.  At that point, if they are still discriminated against, then they at least have a legitimate legal claim.

The definition presented is blatantly political.  At the time affirmative action was established, it was not to "right past wrongs" as they so glibly put it (notice they put it in quotations as even they knew they were full of shit), it was established because employers at that time were discriminating and that needed to be addressed.

Speaking of business class, boy was I a total ass when we had to get together for this ridiculous group project.  I am not built for collaborations.  Now I have to go in next week and act like nothing happened and that I wasn't acting like a horribly spoilt brat.  They were OVER my behaviour.  I just wonder how many of the members of my group were one of the 14 who got a D or less on our last test...UGH.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no no no,

i'm a confirmed segregationist

cute versus well.....

cakesters versus sardine scented body powder

trailer court versus trailer park





frank

Ray Avito said...

You know, I'm all about the trailer court as opposed to the trailer park. No contest!